Commitment to AODAThe InterContinental Toronto Yorkville is committed to treating all people with respect and in a way that allows people to maintain their dignity and independence. The hotel believes in integration and equal opportunity. The InterContinental Toronto Yorkville is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting the accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 ("AODA").
ICTY Customer Service Plan
Providing Services to Persons with DisabilitiesThe InterContinental Toronto Yorkville is committed to excellence in providing customer service and related services to all guests and employees of the hotel and their representatives, including persons with disabilities.
Assistive devicesWe ensure that our colleagues are trained and familiar with the various assistive devices that may be used by our guests with disabilities while staying at our hotel or attending functions. Our colleagues attend orientation and complete the Government issued certified training with regards to AODA.
CommunicationWe communicate openly and honestly with our guests and employees with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Service animalsWe welcome guests and employees with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our hotel that are open to the public, unless the service animal is otherwise excluded from the area by law (e.g. kitchen areas of the hotel) or where there are overriding health and safety considerations. Guests with service animals will not be charged the animal residence in house fee. Should the service animal not be easily identified, the hotel reserves the right to ask for supporting documentation from a regulated health professional supporting that the guest or employee needs the service animal for reasons relating to their disability as per section (80.47) of the act.
Support personsA person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that support person accompany him or her on our hotel premises While on our premises, the person with a disability shall be permitted to have access to his or her support person at all times.
Notice of temporary disruptionIn the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to our services and or our facilities, The InterContinental Toronto Yorkville will notify guests that have self-identified during the reservation process promptly about the disruption . The notice will include information about the reason for the disruption. For example, in the event the elevators are out of order, or the entrance drive is undergoing maintenance guests will be notified. The notification will include information such as its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Training for staffThe InterContinental Toronto Yorkville provides training to all colleagues. We provide training to all managers and colleagues who are responsible for enforcing or creating policies. Training is provided to new hires in two phases on their first day and within their first month of their employment during their orientation period in conjunction with training outlined in the Customer Service Plan.
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- The InterContinental Toronto Yorkville AODA plan as related to the customer service standard
- AODA and the Code
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive devices or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use assistive equipment or devices, where provided, available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to persons with disabilities. Please contact the hotel for more information
- The InterContinental Toronto Yorkville will also conduct training when changes are made to our customer service plan or any other revision that deems re-training is required.
FeedbackGuests and colleagues or others who wish to provide feedback on the way the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville services persons with disabilities can provide their feedback directly to the General Manager Gerasimos Ferentinos at 416-324-5865.
Accessibility Policies and Plan under the Integrated Accessibility Standards
Accessible Emergency InformationThe InterContinental Toronto Yorkville is committed to providing the guests and colleagues with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We provide both guests and colleagues with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary based on their known accommodation needs.
TrainingIn addition to the training we provide to our employees under the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, The InterContinental Toronto Yorkville provides training to our employees, volunteers and other staff members on the requirements of the Integrated Accessibility Standards (Ontario Regulation 191/11) and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training is provided to new colleagues during their orientation period in conjunction with training outlined in the Customer Service Plan.
KiosksThe InterContinental Toronto Yorkville will ensue that kiosks are suitable and accessible to people with disabilities when using our self-service kiosks by January 2014. We will ensure that the icons on the self-serve kiosk are set up to be viewed as large icons. In the event that that the settings are changed colleagues will be trained on how to assist guests to satisfy their needs and accommodate their disability.
Information and CommunicationsThe InterContinental Toronto Yorkville is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. When requested, we will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
- Consult with the guest or colleague making the request to determine their accessibility needs and what would be a suitable format or support;
- Provide the requested information in a timely manner; and
- Provide the information at regular cost (if any).
- We will audit all websites and content for Level AA compliance; we will implement the necessary changes to bring the websites and web content into conformance with all applicable Level AA standards.
- We will ensure that all printed materials are available in a large font and available upon request
- We will ensure employees are available to read printed material aloud, if requested by a guest
- We will ensure that our website states that accessible formats are available to guests upon request
- The InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, Toronto will take the following steps to make all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021.
- We will make sure we meet all criteria in the Perceivable category by:
- Providing text alternatives for non-text content
- Providing captions and other alternatives for multimedia
- Creating content that can be presented in different ways, including by assistive technologies, without losing meaning
- Making it easier for users to see and hear content
- We will make sure we meet all criteria in the Operable category by:
- Making all functionality available from a keyboard
- Giving users enough time to read and use content
- Not using content that causes seizures
- Helping users navigate and find content
- We will make sure we meet all criteria in the Understandable category by:
- Making text readable and understandable
- Making content appear and operate in predictable ways
- Helping users avoid and correct mistakes
- We will make sure we meet all criteria in the Robust category by
- Maximizing compatibility with current and future user tools
EmploymentThe InterContinental Toronto Yorkville is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. The InterContinental Toronto Yorkville notifies the public and staff applying for jobs that accommodations are available for people with disabilities during and after the recruitment process. If an applicant is selected to participate in an assessment process The InterContinental Toronto Yorkville notifies the applicant that accommodations are available upon request should the applicant have accessibility needs due to a disability. The InterContinental Toronto Yorkville will consult with the applicant to determine whether a suitable accommodation is available.
Design of Public SpacesThe InterContinental Toronto Yorkville will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to the hotel's private dwelling space and public spaces a reasonable time frame.
By facsimile: 416-324-5904
By e-mail: Gerasimos.email@example.com
By regular mail:
220 Bloor St West Toronto ,Ontario M5S 1T8